Thursday 21 March 2013

Time to move on


Steph and I have been living and working with the Corrymeela community since last September. Our intention had been to stay until August. However after a lot of thinking and a lot of discussion Steph and I have come to the decision that we need to leave early.

So on Tuesday of this week we left exactly five months earlier than we had planned.

This decision was not an easy one. We are leaving behind a lot of very good people who have become very good friends. Living in community was a rich and life-giving experience. It is sad that these relationships will now move into a new long-distance phase. I already miss not seeing certain people every day.

I will explain my reasons for leaving in a future post, now it not the time for that.

For the moment I will simply celebrate the new friendships which in themselves made Corrymeela worthwhile place to live. I would like to offer an enormous thank you to those who made our time so rich.

Below is a farewell video which Jamie (another volunteer) masterminded the creation of. 



1 comment: