Monday 4 June 2012

Balut

Here in the Philippines they have some interesting types of food!

Most bizarre of all is the national delicacy called Balut. This is a fertilised chicken egg inside of which the chicken foetus is allowed to develop for between one and two weeks, normally the egg would hatch at about three weeks. These eggs containing half developed chicken foetuses are hard-boiled then eaten.

During the New Year celebration we got the chance to try.......although I ought to confess that Steph ate far more of it than did I!


1 comment:

  1. I watched this while eating a very nice salad made with sliced ham out of a packet that bore very little resemblance to the original animal and for once I was glad of it. You two are both braver than me.

    It was funny seeing the pictures of the dining room with everyone there - say hello from me!

    ReplyDelete