Tuesday 10 January 2012

Feeling Loved

Today is my birthday. It goes without saying that it has been a bit different from any previous birthday I've celebrated. 

Being far away has not meant it has been depressing, in fact quite the opposite. One of the joys of being in a different culture is being able to be surprised. I have been genuinely overwhelmed and humbled by all the greetings I've received from the community here. 

Likewise the messages and presents sent from the UK have also been especially meaningful this year. Receiving a Christmas pudding in the post, or an English magazine, would barely merit a mention in normal life but from the perspective of being far away they are real sources of joy. 

I feel very loved.

the video below is my christmas present from Br. Francis, another unexpected joy........




3 comments:

  1. Well done to Br Francis he did a great job! Happy Birthday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why Steph would like to still be in the Philippines for her birthday! What a lot of trouble the community went to for you. I hope you had a great day - certainly a birthday you'll never forget!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! What a fabulous celebration :-) may God continue to bless you in the Philippines and throughout the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete